Here at Fluency Corp, 2019 is going to be our year of frequent-flier miles! Our calendar is full of events all over the U.S. (and even one in Europe!) where we’ll be spreading the word about the effectiveness of our corporate language training programs. If you’re a professional in HR or global mobility, there’s a good chance our paths might cross in 2019. Here’s a list of where we’re headed this year.
Human Resources Conferences
Fluency Corp collaborates closely with HR professionals who facilitate global relocations and international collaboration. So we make it a point to attend leading HR events.
- South Texas Human Resources Symposium 2019. February 7-8 in San Antonio. If you’re an HR professional in Central or South Texas, come hear Fluency Corp present on “Empathy and Communication with Multilingual Workforces” at this event by SAHRMA, an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. P.S. Before the symposium, check out our resources for HR professionals who are relocating international employees to Austin as well as our roundup of San Antonio English classes and more expat resources.
- SHRM Talent Conference & Exposition. April 8-10 in Nashville. This event, presented by the Society for Human Resource Management, is all about attracting the best talent to your company and keeping them there. Of course, as providers of corporate language training, we think this topic should be part of any discussion about talent. Consider just one example: When you have an effective language training program in place, you can award international assignments based solely on who’s best for the job, instead of who happens to speak the destination country’s language.
- Gulf Coast Symposium on HR Issues. May 15-17 in Houston. HR Houston puts on this conference, whose theme this year is “Leading Into a New Decade.” (By the way, if you’re an HR professional in Houston who’s involved in relocating international employees to the area, take a moment to check out our guide to English classes in Houston. This article has plenty of useful info for your expat employees.)
- California HR Conference. August 25-28 in Long Beach. If you’ve attended this event before, you might have run into Fluency Corp there. At the 2017 edition of CAHR, we talked about using the SASS process with a multilingual workforce. (In case you were wondering, SASS stands for Slow Down, Ask for Input, Simplify and Support Them.) CAHR19 is presented by the Professionals In Human Resources Association.
- Texas SHRM Global HR Conference. September 11 in Houston. In “the most diverse place in America,” we’ll be attending a conference that looks at the challenges and rewards of doing HR on a global scale.
- The HRSouthwest Conference. October 27-30 in Fort Worth. Fluency Corp is based in Dallas, so this conference is just down the road from us. It’s organized by DallasHR, and it’s the official SHRM Conference for the state of Texas. This year’s theme is “Trust in HR,” and David Horsager, author of “The Trust Edge,” is the opening keynote speaker.
Language training is a vital part of the success of any international relocation. That’s why we always welcome the chance to meet up with other professionals who are focused on global mobility.
- 2019 BAMM Annual Mobility Conference. February 20 in San Francisco. This one is coming up fast, and we can’t wait. BAMM (Bay Area Mobility Management) serves global mobility and relocation professionals in the San Francisco area.
- 2019 EuRA International Relocation Congress. April 30-May 3. We’re headed all the way to Munich for this conference, whose theme is “Celebrate the Future | Opportunity Defined.” It’s presented by The European Relocation Association.
- Americas Mobility Conference 2019: It’s About YOU. May 8-10 in Atlanta. We don’t get a very long break after our Munich trip, but we don’t mind. The trade association Worldwide ERC created this conference for mobility professionals to learn, network and get inspired.
- Global Workforce Symposium. October 16-18 in Boston. This fall, Worldwide ERC will present the largest global mobility meeting in the world, and Fluency Corp will be there. As a hub of education that attracts students from around the world, Boston is a fitting place to talk about the increasingly global future of business.
Women-Owned Business Conferences
Fluency Corp is proud to be a woman-owned business. (Read more about founder and CEO Micah Bellieu.) And we love to support other women-owned businesses. That’s why we’re looking forward to networking, learning and getting inspired at these events.
- WBENC Summit & Salute. March 11-13 in Houston. The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council hosts this event for 1,800-plus attendees.
- WBENC National Conference & Business Fair. June 25-27 in Baltimore. WBENC just doesn’t stop! This conference is the largest of its kind for women business owners in the U.S.
Whew! That’s a full slate, and we’re excited about each and every one of these trips. See any events on this list that you’ll be attending? Let us know! We’d love to meet up with you in person. You can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 401-3159. Can’t wait for a conference? You can also use that contact info to set up a free consultation.