If you’ve been thinking about learning Spanish, you’ll be joining a growing trend. Almost 21.9 million people around the world are formally studying Spanish as a foreign language. That’s 67,000 more than in 2018.
Those numbers come from Spanish in the World 2019, the yearbook from Instituto Cervantes. This nonprofit organization was created by the Spanish government. Its purpose is to promote the teaching of Spanish language and culture.
The yearbook is a fascinating look at one of the world’s major languages. It’s easy to see why Spanish is growing in its importance.
Here are just a few of the other facts about the Spanish language that stood out to us from the Instituto Cervantes report.
Share this Image On Your Site!
Please include attribution to FluencyCorp.com with this graphic.
To learn more about the Spanish language, we also invite you to check out some of Fluency Corp’s past articles:
- Case Study: Spanish Language Training for Executives
- Will Spanish Be a Requirement for Finding a U.S.-Based Job?
- Learning Spanish for Work: What’s the Biggest Challenge?
- How to Learn Spanish Faster by Watching Videos and TV
- 4 Reasons Learning Spanish is Beneficial for Business
For a free consultation, contact us or call us at (800) 401-3159. Read success stories on our testimonials page.